It has been very hot here the last few days reaching temperatures in the high 90’s! So with the hot weather I want to avoid turning on the stove and oven and keep it as cool as possible. Plus strawberries are in season right now so they are tasting extra good, not to mention you can buy them in bulk for cheap! Make the salad as big or as little as you want depending on how many people you are cooking for, or if you are like me, you may just want to make a huge amount and eat nothing but this for dinner or lunch!
- A bag of mixed salad greens (or buy a head of red lettuce)
- Strawberries- cut in halves or quarters
- Red Onion- sliced very thin
- For dressing I take a tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and mix it together sometimes adding a pinch or two of sugar.
Now comes the EASY part…just grab a bowl in throw in portions of your liking of each ingredient. Toss with the dressing you made and enjoy!
* Variations of this salad can be made so test your creative boundaries. I hate to see things go to waste in our fridge so if I think it might taste good together, I trust my gut instinct! Some ways I have switched up the recipe: used candied walnuts, substituted a Briannas Dressing, added pineapple and dried cranberries, and once…I had to eliminate my beloved onions because someone didn’t like them.
I would love to see a picture of the variations of how your salad turned out!