Before you start this recipe I want to make you aware of 3 things. 1. It’s not cheap. 2. It’s not fast or easy to make. 3. Once you have it you will be hooked.
Lazy Sunday boredom birthed this salad when I was about 13 years old. With nothing else to do I decided to go into my “art studio” aka the kitchen and play around. Literally grabbing everything around me that I could find at the time I was able to create this awesome, mouth bursting pasta salad. Remember that moment in Ratatouille when he puts the strawberry and cheese in his mouth and creates an explosion of flavor and fireworks?!? That is this moment.
- 1 16oz Box of Rotini Twist
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 2 large cucumbers (peeled, cut in half lengthwise and scooped of the seeds and pulp)
- 2 4.5oz cans of black olives
- 2 heads of broccoli (break this up into little florets)
- 1 jar of kosher dill pickles (diced into small pieces)
- 80z of pepper jack cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 4oz of cheddar cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper and orange pepper (all diced)
- 2 bottles of Girard’s Old Venice Italian Dressing ( I start with 1 and then add depending on taste)
- 1-2 packages of cut up pepperoni. Sometimes I can find the mini pepperoni’s and those are perfect for this salad!
Boil your pasta. Drain and then cover it in half of the bottle of Italian dressing, making sure to mix it around really well. Start chopping and preparing all your veggies adding them all together in another bowl. Dice your carrots, cucumbers, pickles and peppers all into little pieces, cube your cheeses, and quarter the pepperoni unless you found the mini’s. Add everything to your pasta and stir in the rest of the dressing! Salt and Pepper to taste. Enjoy!!! To make vegetarian just omit the pepperoni and it’s just as good!!